- Aqueous solutions at high ionic strength
- Non-aqueous electrolytes
- Ionic liquids and molten salts
- Solid solutions
- Fluid phase equilibria and solubility phenomena
- Thermodynamics and Kinetics of reactions
- Computer assisted modelling: equilibrium and kinetic calculations
- Computer assisted modelling (ab initio, molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo)
Examples of technical applications:
- Analytical separations
- Environmental remediation
- Membrane separations
- Gas capture, separation and/or utilization
- Purification processes
- Novel separation processes
- Energy storage, etc.
Specific Scientific Events:
A workshop on the “Modelling of fluid phase equilibria and solubility phenomena – from experiments to their evaluations”.
Associated Invited Speakers:
Prof. Agilio Padua (Institute of Chemistry of Clermont-Ferrand, Clermont-Ferrand, France)
Prof. Urszula Domanska (Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland)
Dr Miroslaw Chorazewski (University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland)
… and for the first time in history of this symposium series:
Inspired by the format of the Faraday Discussions, a call for abstracts will be launched on September 1, 2017. The abstracts addressing various topics in solution chemistry in general and ionic liquids in particular will be assessed by the members of the conference scientific committee who will select the most innovative and science forward ones for submission as full papers in the Journal of Solution Chemistry prior to this meeting. These papers will be made available to the conference participants before the conference to provide a solid background for the discussion itself, which will be organised on the Friday 20th July 2018 (see the program).